The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Uncalled for behavior
In Response To: Re: Uncalled for behavior ()

: if Dennis Adams had worded his
: comment more thoughtfully,

This is NOT Dennis' forum, it is mine. But trying to justify your uncalled for behavior based on the fact that the FIRST response to you message was not sufficiently thoughtful or failed to explicitly be an elegant welcome is absurd.

All your elaborate follow-up commentary aside, the ENTIRE reply that got you upset was: "You may want to change the date."

: Common courtesy dictates that when someone
: enters your home, you extend the hand of
: friendship and offer them your

And what about the common courtesy expected of guests, too? To use your analogy, if you entered my home at a party and had a hissy fit and started calling me and my friends 'assholes' and my party 'fourth-rate' just because the first person you saw inside the door said "Hi, bud" or "Hey, your shoelace is untied" instead of fluently or thoughtfully welcoming you to my party -- I'd be sending you back out the door too.

You have a nice watch. Heck, based on these photos, you have a lot of nice watches. If you took those photos yourself, then you've got great photo skills, too. We'd love to have you here as a participant.

Just cool your severe hair-trigger reaction. No body here is out to get you. Just understand that -- for whatever reasons -- this OMEGA forum has developed a character that has less social chit-chat than you might find on other watch forums.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE