The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Metal bracelets on heavier watches

Thanks for the quick response!

It is many, many yrs since I had a metal bracelet and am certainly finding the extra weight a problem too (I agree that it's not the watch that's the problem, but my puny/odd size wrist!). I really hadn't expected bracelet size/general weight to be such an issue.

I think the current size is too tight as the discomfort is quite noticeable especially when flexing the thumb. I have a history of RSI in my right arm, but never the left so I could just be ultra sensitive to any weight/restriction to the wrist.

Today I switched back to an old montine wind-up on a leather strap to try and isolate whether it's the watch being too tight or something else and things feel much better already.

I had certainly started to notice the watch becoming more snug during the day and understand that this is normal given how things expand/contract etc. My aim was to wear the watch 24/7 although this is currently not an option with the current bracelet size.

I'll probably go back to the Jeweller + add half a link and see how it goes, although I did have it set like that for a week or so. It was more comfortable in terms of fitting, but when it slipped over the bony part of the wrist it jammed into the wrist whenever you flexed it so I was always having to shake it back up the wrist first. OK, might get used to it so worth trying a bit longer.

If that fails then may be a leather strap will do the trick or I'll have to consider a lighter watch.

Thanks,

Clive.

Messages In This Thread

AT Bracelet
Metal bracelets on heavier watches
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE