The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Help with Omega Seamaster slowing down..

Ok, bear with me on this one as this is my first automatic watch that I own. I bought a used Seamaster Auto Bond model midsize version and recieved it 5 days ago. When I recieved it I put the watch on and wore it was about 3 seconds fast. I just wore it on my hand and I mistakely thought tat by just wearing the watch on my hand that the power reserve would be ok. I took the watch off at night and left and put it back on the next day without winding it. I did this for three days. The watch started to run about 3-4 seconds slow. I read the faq and realized that I needed to wind the watch. I did wind the watch and set the time and went to bed and put the watch on the dresser. It still was running about 3-4 seconds slow so the nnext night before I went to bed I really wound it. The next day the watch was still accurate so I wound it a little more to top it off. So it's 8 hours latter and I have lost 7 seconds off the time. The only other thing that I can thing off was on July 5, I put my watch in my pocket for 20 minutes and maybe it got knockd around abit but I don't remember bumping into anything. So knowing all this could you guys give me some advise with what's going on with my watch? The one other thing I did find out is that I sent the serial number to Omega and I found out that the watch was shipped from Omega on June 21 1999.
Thanks
Chris

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE