The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Aqua Terra Dial Size
In Response To: Re: Aqua Terra Dial Size ()

: Yes, the standard (39.2mm) Aqua Terra seems to
: wear larger that it measures.

: I had the 2503.34.00 (RG/white dial/ss) and
: found it looked too large on my 7.5 inch
: wrist.

I am currently trying to decide which size Aqua Terra to get (black face on steel bracelet).

My wrists are 7 inches, and I think the 39mm looks slightly too big. But I can't decide whether the smaller mid-size looks too small. Even my wife, who has on opinion on most things fashion/appearance related, can't decide!

Can anyone tell me where/how the measurements are taken? Is it across the crystal, or across the whole case, including/excluding crown? Just so I can compare with my existing watches. I didn't measure the AT in the shop.

Maybe this watch looks bigger than you would expect because the lugs (is that what you call the part where the bracelet attaches?) are long, or maybe it's an optical illusion due to the streamlined shape.

I'm trying to avoid looking like a little kid trying on his Dad's big watch. But I don't want to diminish this beautiful watch by getting one that's too small. I only get one chance at getting this right, and it's an expensive watch.

Spending this much money, I expect it to outlast me if looked after. So the look should be classic, and not follow some passing "big watch" fad, if there is currenly one (Is there? I don't know).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE