The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Marcello c Nettuno 3
In Response To: Re: Marcello c Nettuno 3 ()

: I never expected anyone to know all the brands.
: However the reason I pointed out is because
: I feel you look down upon something you have
: not heard.

Who said I looked down on it? I simply said I had never heard of it. Sorry you chose to read arrogance into that statement.

: Hope you get that point because
: apparently you don't from your reply.

I appreciate your concern that my brand expertise may be a little weak on some brands like the one that has interested you. I expend my time researching brands that interest me. And I don't have lots of time to search for and research new brands.

Now that I have looked at the MarcelloC, they seem pretty good. I certainly would be happy if someone gave me one. The one aspect of them that dissapoints me is their designs are clearly close replicas of the standard ROLEX Submariner. I can any number of name brand watches that look like a Submariner for a whole lot less.

One of the reasons I chose OMEGA, especially the Bond Seamaster Pro is that it is still very conservative -- but -- yet a very unique look.

: your posts. Personally and I believe most
: people in this forum owns an omega.

Well, yes. It is a forum *for* OMEGA owners.

: an article in chronocentric to compare omega
: to rolex. Not only it is compared but its is
: a conclusion somewhere that rolex is over
: priced for what they are really worth and

Not here. I am the only one who writes articles for the website here and I do not believe ROLEX is 'overpriced.' ROLEX is higher priced, but they are selling a somewhat different mix of intangible attributes that some people value while others do nto care to pay extra for.

: I love my omega but if I could get it even
: cheaper then I am sure no one will mind
: that? Paying primum for something is never
: really my style nor do I believe it is most
: others peoples objective to pay as much as
: possible.

Sensible. The question here is what do you find a the measure of equal to your needs? Are you interested only in daily functionality? Do you care about company/brand history? Do you care if anyone recognizes the brand watch you are wearing? Many things like these are non-technical and often intangible attributes that guide peopel to which ever brand they choose. You have to find the right mix and balance for you.

: Not only that if this marcello c is as good
: as omega then we are paying more then we
: bargained for.

Again, the differences are more than just a technical measure of a timepiece. From the sound of your postings, those luxury and estetic values are of little interest to you. So the MarcelloC may just be the right thign for you.

: I want to know about the difference of the
: movments.

The technical details probably would mean little to you. But the straightforward answer si theat the movmeents are close cousins and the differences between them are totally trivial. They are essentially equal in manufacture, performance and durability.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE