The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Online Purchase
In Response To: Re: Online Purchase ()

: In the course of my own dealings and through
: work I had cause to deal with
: www.darrenreay.com.

: He's based in Durham in the UK. He seems to
: deal mainly in used watches but occasionally
: does deal in new items.

: I did a deal with him about six months ago and
: in every stage he was communicative and
: polite and when he said he'd do something,
: he did it.

: My personal view is you should only ever buy
: brand new, not used.

: I am also aware of www.blitzwatches.co.uk and
: www.aatime.com. they're both grey market
: dealers offering new items only but they're
: both based in the UK and offer pretty big
: discounts. I've never dealt with them so I'd
: say you should do your homework before you
: do a deal.

: I've seen a few others too. If you search on
: google for 'Omega dicount' then as I
: remember it you find about five or six grey
: market dealers within the first five pages.

: Derek has a good article here on grey market
: watches, I'd have a read of it. There's a
: lot of fan literature on the pros and cons
: of grey dealers and again I'd suggest you do
: your homework on a company and the idea
: before doing it.

: I hope this helps you,

: Pete J

I bought an Seamaster back in September once I finally decided to take the plunge, and bery nealry bought from AA Time, who seemed to offer International Warranty.

As it happened, I was in my local town centre and went to a branch of Goldsmiths, just to have a look at teh watch and to try it on , so to speak. During teh conversation with teh sales woman, she instantly offered a discount, which took it to a very cloase price to that offered by the on line AA Time, and in teh end, I felt more comfortable in buying froma high street authorised dealer and paying a few more quid than getting it cheaper on line.

I also asked another high stree jeweller what price they would do it at, and again, without any prompting or negotation, they offered a 15% reduction. I'm sure if I'd have haggled, they would have come down even further. The watch I bought was the James Bond SMP.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE