The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: White Date-box frame??
In Response To: Re: White Date-box frame?? ()

: I see what you mean. I have this exact same watch, which I brought in March of this year. It is the 2232.80 with Speedy bracelet and has no date frame box(thank goodness, I don't like the frame). I was looking through an older Omega catalog that I have and it indeed shows the 2231.80 Bond style without the white frame! The only thing I can imagine is that the ones with the white frame are older stock and the ones without it are newer stock, yet not new enough to have the Speedy bracelet. My reasoning for this is that the ones pictured on the Omega official site with the Bond bracelet show the white frame, and I guess these pictures would have been added to the site when the watch first came out. The catalog I have that shows the watch with the Bond bracelet and no date frame is not brand new, but new enough to picture the Speedmaster Broad Arrow, which was not around when the titanium with Bond bracelet came out. This leads me to believe that picture is newer then the website picture of the same watch. Follow my convoluted reasoning? At least its the only explanation I could come up with. One thing is fairly certain, they do seem to be eliminating the white frame on all but the Bond watch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE