The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Omega/Rolex wars?

I got my Omega watch almost a week ago. After giving up on the manual (see my other thread) I went to authorized Omega dealer here in town and asked him to adjust my bracelet, and show me how to use the watch.

We had very short conversation before getting to the business of adjusting the bracelet and I asked the guy if the watch he was wearing is also an Omega. His watch looked similar to mine and being newbie I didn’t see the difference immediately. I though my question would be a good way to start conversation with the guy and ‘break the ice’. Wow! Was I wrong!

The guy changed his mood immediately after I asked him if he was also wearing an Omega, and told me in no uncertain terms that his watch was NOT SIMILAR TO YOURS. He really brushed me off and walked away immediately to the watch maker in the back who was working on my Omega bracelet.

It turns out that the guy was wearing a Rolex Submariner. I guess he realized that he was a little rude and later came back to me and mentioned that Omega has very strong tech forum presence online, and that “it’s all in the movement” and that “loosing 1-3 min a month is OK for an Omega watch”.

He did not charge me for adjusted bracelet so he came trough at the end, but this little experience made me think if Rolex is really that much different technically from Omega, and what is the deal between the two?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE