The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: seamaster 300's...fake? *LINK* *PIC*
In Response To: Re: seamaster 300's...fake? ()

: Derek thanks for the info.....hopefully{looks to sky and pray's}there are some pics attached with this mail, either that or a link with with address of where i loaded the pictures{there are in the documents file}. I would be interested on your thoughts. You should be able to see that one movement is a 752 and the other is a 552.......whats the difference?,is one better than the other? Also i forgot to mention,what sort of cost is involved for a replacement winding stem,i also have another seamaster 300 which is in working order but the winding stem is snapped at the crown,i have the crown{yes i did it !!} but the watch is not that good condition wise,but still if the price is right i would consider getting it repaired.
Regards
Bryan
Yes. It is just the older version of the card.
: Some watches sit in inventory for many
: months before they are sold.

: Yes, it is.

: Under warranty it would be free to you. Take is
: to someone else and you pay for the
: adjustment. Whichever you prefer. You don't
: *have* to use the warranty if feel more
: comfortable with someone else doing the
: adjustment for you.

: Bad assumption. Try manually winding it one a
: day for a week and see how it performs. When
: you have multiple watches, they often don't
: get enough wear to keep them wound enough.
: And a winder normally only maintains a
: decent wind, it does not max-out or 'fill
: the tank' for you.

: That's because you don't *load* the pictures
: here. You have to upload them to somewhere
: *else* on the Internet and point to them.
: Often, your ISP access account includes some
: personal web space you can use. Or try one
: of the various image hosting services you
: can find with a simple web search.

Messages In This Thread

seamaster 300's...fake?
Re: seamaster 300's...fake?
Re: seamaster 300's...fake? *LINK* *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE