The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Help Identify Vintage Omega *LINK*

Hi,
my grandfather just gave me his old Omega Seamaster,he got it from an acquaintance from a gamble (aparently his rolex vs this omega) around 40 years ago!

So he doesn't really know much about it :( which means he can't identify it for me. So it would be really great if someone can identify it :)

Ive been looking throughout the net for information about vintage omegas by I've not seen a similar model so I'm really lost, the closest one i've seen that looked like it was a de ville.

a few things that bother me also is that the Seamaster embossed at the back of the case is a bit weird, you will be able to see that the MASTER part in Seamaster has a washed (not sure how to describe it) S and E... so maybe it has been replaced? Or are they meant to be like that?

The watch also hasn't been used for a while, and when i winded it when i got it about a week ago its been works perfectly!

I would probably have it redialled because of the face... or maybe just have it polished if i can get away with it, what do you guys recommend?
--
I also know I can take it to a watchsmith (or whatever those watch fixing people are called, you can tell im new to this watch thing, my last one was a swatch!) to look at the serial number to help identify it and maybe get it serviced, but I haven't had time yet and I dont know which one would be good to go to. Anyone know a good one near the south eastern part of melbourne, and an indication of how much it would cost me to have it serviced and redialed (or polished) would be a great help!

Hehe the post was a bit long so to make it short I need help with a few things:
1. Help me Identify the watch
2. Whats up with the washed "Seamaster" at the back
3. Wheres a good place(in S.E. Melbourne) to have it redialled(or polished) and how much should I expect to pay for it?
-------
Pictures:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y178/mrsands/

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE