The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Shady repair

I recently dropped off an omega deville quartz to be repaired. The problem i have is i cant set the time, i was spinning the pin on the crown and it wasnt setting the time. Now, I paid $100. I receieved the watch and it was working fine for a few hours and then it stopped and started again. I tried to set the time but the minute hand doesnt move. I took it back today and the guy said its a "tricky" watch. He was getting the manual for it because there is a "special" way to set the time and date. Whats strange is if you push the pin all the way in and hold it the minute hand stops. He said with this deville which is maybe 20 years old you have to push the pin in and pull it out to set it, but for some reason he couldn't even do it. I think this guy is full of S***. Any ideas on what the problem is? And if he tries to pass this off as "fixed" what steps do you think i can take to get my money back? I dont know much about watches but i do know it shouldnt be difficult to set the time and date, He couldnt even do it.

Messages In This Thread

Shady repair
Re: Shady repair
Sounds like you answered your own Q
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE