The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: 300 M GMT Questions...
In Response To: 300 M GMT Questions... ()

I just got this watch last week so I know where you're coming from. The dual-button release is actually pretty sturdy. You have to push the buttons all the way in to release the clasp and accidentally pushing one button in won't work. The sapphire back is pretty difficult to scratch although just by having it on your skin it does get a little dirty but it's nothing more than like having fingerprints on the sapphire glass on the front. In fact I think it might be more durable than having a regular steel back since the steel backings can get scratched. The wave pattern is pretty much unnoticeable unless the sunlight catches it at certain angles. However, when just looking directly at the face of the watch there is just a slight impression of the waves. The hands and the hour markers really jump out at you so you won't even notice the waves. If you really want to see the waves you'll have to look at the watch at an angle or have the light reflect off of the face at an angle. I have to admit that the watch is huge. When I first started wearing the watch I was uncomfortable with the size since all of my other watches have been much smaller. You do get used to the size and weight after a day or so. I've always worn the watch under the cuff but I haven't experienced difficulties at getting to the watch so I can't really help you there. There's a really good review of the watch online but I can't seem to find the link at the moment. If I find it I'll post it for you.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE