The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Info on seamaster
In Response To: Info on seamaster ()

: Hi every one I just wanted to say I love the
: site and you guys helped in my decision. Now
: I'm on the site just about every day it's
: like I'm in an Omega Club or something. I
: cannot believe how knowledgeable you are
: about watches.

: Sorry about the rambling..... Now to my
: question: I just want to know in comparison
: to other Omega Watches and Others like a
: Rolex, How does the one I own
: "rank"?

: I just wanted to know because some loud mouth
: said that I should have bought a Rolex
: instead of an Omega. Then again he was
: wearing a Citizen Watch!

: Sorry about the dumb question, just I don't
: know as much about watches as you guys seem
: to know.

: I own a Omega Seamaster
: ref# 25998000 calibre 1164

: Thanks in advance
: and I love the watch!

: Warren

You're in exactly the same position I was in a month ago when I bought the same watch! I've learned alot about Omega's (more than from the owners manual) from the many knowledgable people here. I think watches are a very personal thing. For me I'd take most Omega's over comparable Rolex's but all are high quality watches...I just think you get "more bang for your buck" with an Omega. Apart from the bracelet getting scratched a little easily, this watch is built like a tank! I still miss some traffic lights turning green because I'm staring adoringly at that beautiful face-not the girlfriend's-the watch's! Some say the watch is too heavy but I haven't found that to be the case at all. I also find a nice watch tends to elicit some dumb remarks...comes with the territory I guess. This forum can even help with that! Hope you enjoy your watch as much as I am! -Bill

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE