The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: OMEGA 3510.50 reduced (again)

Thanks for your help, omegary! Yes, that is what I mean. But strange thing (which I guess it is good news) is sometime the hand perfectly align to a number when subdial is at 5 sec but then it perfectly align to a number when subdial is at 20 or 25 sec. What I mean here is it keeps perfect time (about +8sec per 24 hr). But does this problem happen to other OMEGAs esp. type 3220?

Oh! Btw, I once read thru one forum about differences between my 3510.50 and pre moon. But the guy didn't mention about quality issue. Do you think their quality are very much different? I guess pre-moon is certified by NASA so it must be perfectly working.

Also are their bracelet styles the same, just pre-moon's size is bigger? And is the pre-moon bezel a push type like "reduced"?

Can I ask one more Q? ^^ I am not sure that 3510.50 is water resistant. My scope is only when we wash hands, raining, but not swimming or snorkeling in the sea. It is just the feeling that its bezel is not screwed type like rolex.

Thanks again for your guide, omegary and others.

: Is this "misalignment" consistent? If
: so, well I'm thinking (and I could be
: completely wrong on this) that the pinion of
: the hands might be slightly off relative to
: the dial... Thus at certain positions on the
: dial, the hands will be perfectly aligned
: with whole number indications at 0 seconds,
: but slightly off at other positions (for
: example, at the 12 and 6 positions the hands
: are dead on at 0 seconds, but at 3 and 9
: positions, they are slightly askew at 0
: seconds).

: What do you think?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE