The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega Double Eagle Constellation Chrono (1514.

: Hi, I have been browsing around and this
: particular watch caught my eye, but I have
: been unable to find much information (nor
: reviews) about this model. Are there any
: reasons for its lack of popularity compared
: to say, the seamasters or is it just because
: it is newer?

I think there are several reasons for its lack of popularity, and the fact that it is a newer model is one of them. Constellations are very dressy watches, and a lot of people prefer the more sporty look of the Seamasters and Speedmasters. This model is also quite expensive, as you mentioned - it retails for more than twice that of a Bond Seamaster. It isn't that it's a bad watch by any means, it's simply that it caters to a smaller segment of the buying public than the Seamaster.

: Also, I find that this watch is just a tad
: expensive, so if anybody has a good omega
: dealer to recommend, it would be most
: appreciated.

Check your e-mail for a referral to an authorized retailer who will give you 33% off the $4695 MSRP.

Messages In This Thread

Omega Double Eagle Constellation Chrono (1514.51)
Re: Omega Double Eagle Constellation Chrono (1514.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE