The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: BACKED UP facts....
In Response To: BACKED UP facts.... ()

: Hello to all....

: If anyone is curious about the most recent
: on-going battle between the wolverine and
: omega fans, I have some answers...

: I spent some time in the world's largest
: library: the internet, and found some facts
: about the subject of the conflict....

: I couldn't find anything on a Japanese (or
: Asian for that matter) company buying Omega,
: but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but it
: certainly doesn't look good (actually for
: all of us, it IS good). The only thing I
: could come up with is the Swatch company
: doing business in the country of Japan,

: [[[ The address is here:
: http://www.swatchgroup.com/press/press_article.php?article=174&language=en
: ]]]

: and that Omega is purely Swiss. I'm sure that
: if it turned Japanese, everyone would've
: heard about it or the upcoming decision....

: As for the percentage of swiss parts in an
: Omega (47% was what Wolverine said) I have
: the regulations right here.

: Address: http://www.fhs.ch/en/swissm.php

: I hope this calms things down.... No I TOLD YOU
: So's and such..... Silent gratification is
: all that is needed.

: Thanks for reading, may the Omega brand live
: on!!!

Well thanks for the info Joey, that sure clears things up. That article about Japan only talks about increased presence of the Swatch group on Japanese markets which has noting to do with them being bought out by the Japanese. So that rumor can be put to rest! By I'm still kind of disappointed about that other article by Swiss Industry Federation which confirms that if only 50% of parts are made in switzerland, a watch movement can be considered "Swiss Made". I guess nothing is "sacred" anymore. I suppose that now you have to buy Patek or something to get 100% swiss parts? Don't get me wrong, I still believe in "Swiss Quality" even if it does contain some foreign parts. However, the ALL SWISS is for the most part just a myth anymore--what a shame.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE