The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

my answers

Hi

It deepnds first of which navitimer you are talking about. Some have the valjoux7750 reworked movement, better spiral, engraved rotor with breitling name on it, fausse côte de geneve but not rotor improvement. Others have the eta 2892-a2 with Breitling Chronometrie module.
I have debatted with my watchmaker of teh worth of these movements, the 7750 is just a middle of the range of movement. Even reworked a 7750 is a 7750. The 2892-a2 remains a modular chronograph much more fragile than an integrated chrono movement.
My opinion (which is shared by many experienced watchmakers as well as people who collect quality watches but who don't buy marketing) is that these Breitling movements are offfering nothing new in terms of technology and are far to the Omega and Rolex standards in terms of quality, reliability and precision. Plus a brand that can't produce a column wheel chrono movement is not a high luxury range brand.
If you need a chronograph then go for the aquaterra chrono
http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=294&no_cache=1
or the speedy broad arrow
http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=300
They are both superior to the breitling on all aspects and far cheaper.
But there is a better watch that is a diving chrono and that may fit better to your taste the omega 300m diver chronometer
http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=286&no_cache=1
http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=286&no_cache=1
available in steel or titanium, it has a column wheel chrono movment with pushers operable 300m under water.
About the P0, it is has a great movement with 50 hours of power reserve. Its design is based on the seamster 300.
The Bond GMT has the movement that is found in the Deville Coax GMT a very good movement taht has made its proofs.
Now about Rolex movements, they are thicker than their competitors and are used to take the ugliest beatings. They are superior to any Breitling or Omega movements. The construction of a Rolex movement has always a goal which is to make the movment the most bulletproof as possible and be the most accurate as possible .My uncle has a 1971 seadweller that works flawlessly. He used to shoot with a 458 winch mag, playing golf, playing tennis and doing other physically intense activities and the watch didn't stop or whatever. I remember of a friend who had a rolex and who played badmington like a brute, his watch never failed.
Rolex is a world apart in horology. You pay a very very high price but the watch will last all your life. Same is for Omegas. But I don't recall people using an Omega that harshly. The weak point of Rolex is their bracelet if it is not an oyster model.
The Rolex will always grow in value, it has an inhouse movement which has microstella balance and which gives nearly the same precision than a coaxial if not better.

hope that helped.

regards

georges

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE