The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

CHRONOMETER BEATS ATOMIC!!!

Hi all!!!
I have an interesting story about my new SMP. Well, It's more than a month now. Month and two weeks to be exact.
First thing I did when I came home was to synchronize with my atomic clock. For 2-3 weeks watch was gaining 2-3 sec and loosing 2-3 sec in a period of 4-5 days. So From the beginning it was pretty much in COSC range and somehow it was really close to my atomic for a weeks. The best part was that it could loose 2-3 sec in a 4-5 days, and then it could gain it in one day, so it was dead on atomic!!! After some period of time I realized more changes in the watch. Difference went up to 15seconds in 24hrs. I was shocked!!! Couldn't believe that my OMEGA can do it! And when the difference became one minute and 5 second I was really down!!! I didn't even wanted to look at atomic next day to check on what's going on...BUT....SUDDENLY....I thought, why my OMEGA is that wrong??? My trust to my seamaster just didn't worked with the idea that it's wrong!!! What did I do next? I bought a new atomic clock! It may look strange, but my trust to my OMEGA was more than that so I decided that I will measure with another atomic clock! AND WHAT HAPPENED? My OMEGA IS DEADLY RIGHT, SECOND TO SECOND WITH MY NEW ATOMIC!!!! I was so happy!!! I can't explane the hapinness of this fact, so I wanted to share with you guys!!! I'm sure there are a lot of OMEGA fans who will like this story and will understand my hapinness!!! Now I'm looking and checking syncronization of the atomic clock. Last time I syncronized was on NOV 11th. Today is NOV 24th. My Omega is one second behind from atomic for this period of time!!! 13days one second change!!! I think is fantastic!!! So this is my story on how OMEGA beats atomic clock!!! Sorry it's so long, I hope you like it!!!! Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE