The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega 1538 / Seamaster 300 M Quartz

: Thankyou very very much for your fast respond.

: Today unfortunatly, I didn't brought my digi
: cam
: so i borrow my friend SE-W800 2MP Phone.
: (Attached is the photo of my Watch).

: I recently talk to Omega about the
: "Star", they said they only have
: come accross once before seeing the similar
: star, they also have no idea what it is. (As
: I can only discribe over the phone)

: as for the warranty card, i don't have them.
: But as said ... reading the serial no. on
: the back, had proven the genuine of my watch
: with Omega.

: Anyway please take a look of my watch photo and
: tell me if u see any odd issue =)

: FYI. My watch wheel colour (Rotation-Circle
:
: http://www.omega.ch/fileadmin/templates/omega-watches/img-watches/247/25318000.gif
: While the Omega website my model is
:
: http://www.omega.ch/fileadmin/templates/omega-watches/img-watches/247/25418000.gif

: BTW. what is 'Domed anti-reflective' ? How do i
: identify it? I have tried reflecting my
: watch with the SUN , sitll i can view the
: 'reflective' (But not the Killing-Bright)...
: The watch crystal is 'Domed' but do it need
: to have a special coating? Can I identify
: it?

: Oh... My star is not the same as
:
: http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/bondreview/caseback2.jpg
: (Please view my attachment of how my Star looks
: like)

: Any thankyou very much for your help.

First of all, regarding the "domed, anti-reflective sapphire crystal" question, the crystal is, in fact, domed, as you can see if you look at it holding the watch parallel to the floor. The anti-reflective coating is on the INSIDE of the watch only, so you won't be able to idntify it on the outside of the crystal.

I've looked at all of your photos. It appears that the lighting may be causing the effects seen in the photos. Even the "official" photo on Omega's website has a shadow across the dial and bezel. Now, I will grant you that the light section of your bezel does look lighter than mine, but that could be the result of the lighting conditions during the time when you took the photo. In fact, the shadow in the official photo on Omega's website makes the watch look darker than it should, so this doesn't concern me very much.

In looking at your watch itself, I don't see anything that screams "fake". However, the best thing you can do to satisfy your own curiosity is to take it to a local Omega authorized retailer. They should be able to look the watch over free of charge and verify its authenticity. This way you will be 100% certain. The dealer can look at the watch in person and carefully examine it, which we can't do here on this forum.

Best of luck to you!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE