The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Next Saturday is Omega day!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I have been visiting this site since 2001-2002, and finally I am buying an Omega. I have been waiting for this time for the past 10 years or so and believe me, nothing will be able to spoil the moment!

My initial choice was the Bond SMP, but I progressively grew fond of other gems in the Seamaster family. I would just love to get 2954.50.91 (black dial and bezel, steel case, leather strap) but unfortunately it seems that Omega discontinued that watch. Did they do so a long time ago or do I still have chances to find one?

There would still be 2254.50.00 (same as above apart from a Speedmaster-like steel strap) but it does not catch my eyes as much as the other one. 2954.50.91 has a perfect blend of classiness and sportiness to me, it looks "warmer" (if that makes sense for a watch) than 2254.50.00 and I finally came to think that the new hour marks and sword hands make the spot hour marks and skeleton hands of the Bond SMP look like their age.

That does not mean I tend to disregard the Bond watch. It has a big symbolic aura and it looks very "élégante" (the strap is a huge plus for it). In a twist of mind I still cannot explain, the more modern black dial/bezel slowly captured the place hold firm by the Bond SMP in my heart. I think that if the 2954.50.91 really is not available any more, I will need long minutes of pondering which one of 2254.50.00 and Bond SMP will adorn my wrist. I just cannot love the look of the plain steel strap.

So that is it Gentlemen! In less than 7 days I should leave an unreasoned adoration towards Omega for the day-to-day routine of being an owner. I only wish that my luck will prevent shortages and that I will not have to make a choice based on the availability... I will make a special day trip to Montreal, there are 5 or 6 dealers there. It means that even if I will not make the deal of the century, I still have some ropes to pull. If some of you have any experience with any of them I would be grateful for your sharing it with me. And if any of you wants to suggest other SMPs for me to choose from, you are welcome!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE