The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Incabloc? *PIC*

With my SMP 007 LE off for servicing, I've resorted to an old automatic Swiss watch given to me in '79. Funny story really... this was around the time when the first LED digital watches were available and more and more wristwatches were becoming electronic. Over the subsequent years I really wanted one of those new fancy watches whose second hand jumped exactly from one second marker to the next - Wow!

After more than 10 years with a multifunction quartz, I find myself back with a sweeping second hand, but this time regarding it as a far superior movement to the jumping one.

Anyway, the watch on my wrist today is a "Tegrov" and has the curious designation of Incabloc, which back in the late 70's meant nothing to me and the thickest dictionary couldn't help much either. The mystery is now starting to unravel, thanks to the internet.

So, anyone have an explanation for this movement? It appears to have been used by many watch makers including Omega, Breitling and Fortis, on both automatics and manual winders. There's even an "Incabloc demonstration model" on ebay today (item #6585236980)

While not a chronometer, the old Tegrov is still accurate to within 30 seconds/day, even having sat in a draw, unwound for the last 15 years.

Messages In This Thread

Incabloc? *PIC*
As far as I know...
Thanks Steve! that explains it. *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE