The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Next Saturday is Omega day!!!!!

Hello Xavier.
Firs of all congratulations! U're getting the real good watch! Omega rocks!
now choices choices choices.....
I will explane my experience with buying an Omega. Long time I was waiting to be able to purchase this beautiful thing. The watch in my mind for all the time was Bond full size. Of course automatic. Then I saw a new version of SMP. 22545000. I really loved that watch and the sword hands. This watch was beautiful, but something was just not for me there...but at that moment i didn't know. So finally I could go and buy this watch!!! Oh that was a great day! I came in to dealer in VA and just said, yes I'm interested in 22545000, and the women there said "Oh, U did your homework" :-)))U know exactly what u want. And I was holding it on my hands, putting to my wrist for final thought....BUT SUDDENLY....I asked to show me 22558000. OHHH!!! That was exactly what I wanted!!! I cannot explane ho happy I was that I saw a blue dial!!! It was somehow reminding the bond because of the dial colour and at the same time it was that new look of new smp!!! once I put it on my wrist I knew that is what I want!!!! I knew that is the watch!!! The big big difference is in the bezel i think! It is stanless steel, and it makes the watch look different than usual dark colour bezels. It looks more classy I think. Also the colour of dial is so nice! I usually like black dials, most of my watches are black. But this time by getting blue dial I got couple options, because during the day, it is blue, when you're not under a spotlights which usually dealers have in stores the watch dial looks completely different. I will suggest to grab the watch and go outsiade and look how the colour of dial will change, that exactly was what I did. I asked them to go outside and to see the dial colour in normal lights...ohhh, it was much much darker than inside of the shop...and at night it looks exactly as a black dial! no difference whatsoever. If you sitting in the bar at night the watch looks as a black dial, but with the stell bezel!!! The contrast is so nice!!!
Sorry it took so long, but I just wated to share my experience with getting blue dial SMP. I hope it'll hel you to choose the right SMP for you!!!!
Good luck!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE