The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Got it in Montreal!!

Last week end's dreamer made place to the new owner of a splendid Bond SeMP. The 7 day race between the blue faced and the black faced saw the more classic one get the upper hand and finally the right to adorn my wrist for years and years to come.

I wanted my experience as a buyer to be special and I can confirm I will not forget it soon. I know there is a policy on this board not to disclose direct AD references, so let us say mine was in the most Mediterranean quarter of Montreal. It is a 40 year old jewelry selling mid-to-high end watches. There was not a big choice in Seamasters: no GMT, no Chronograph for instance. They had the most popular ones in store, but also had some Speedies and Connies (nice choice of those in fact). The seller was very competent and knew of Chronocentric. An excellent service was capped by a spontaneous huge deal over the price, meaning I did not even had to pay a visit to the 5 other ADs in town. I am willing to share details of the sale by e-mail, as I know the Montreal/Canadian question comes out from time to time.

I must point out that the service I had today was by no means comparable to how I felt when I went to the Quebec City AD. That one would not even let me touch the watches (so I was far from a wrist test) after 3 visits and a clear statement of my shopping around for a SeMP! Nice job guy, my money went to someone who understands what the word "client" means. I do not understand how he thought of me as a not credible thing wasting room space. Too bad for him!

So I will now spend the night staring at her, her wavy face, Luminova eyes and steel cheeks. I am sure it is the beginning of a loooooonnng story between us. I want to thanks this board and its member for the amount of information and advice that are such a great help when the big day finally comes.

Thanks everyone!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE