The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega? You bet. But which one?

: Hi! I have been through that process no later
: than last week end. Speedy was out of the
: question for the time being, but I see that
: watch as the reference Omega watch. I cannot
: think of any other mechanical chronograph
: with a more powerful aura than the Speedy.

: My budget (along with my soul) allowed me to go
: for a SeMP and I had a hard time deciding
: between the black or the Bond one. I love
: the modern look of the black, of its markers
: and hands. I love the classic look of the
: blue one. As I had one of each in my hands,
: I just could not stop watching the blue one.
: I cannot say I prefer it to the black SeMP,
: because I think they are different enough
: for neither one to be more beautiful than
: the other. However, the Bond SeMP has much
: more presence in my eyes. I will make a
: stupid comparison: between two strikingly
: beautiful women, I would go for the one who
: does not swear. The Bond SeMP would never be
: the kind to swear in public although the
: black one could slip out of classiness from
: time to time.

: I guess it bewitched me, and I think it was
: against all odds: I was so sure the black
: was the right one. Naturally, your taste
: will win once and for all, and my humble
: piece of advice would be to go and feel them
: in the steel in order to be sure.

Great response! "...doesn't swear." Simply classic. Anyway, I went and looked at Omegas for the first time today. The Bond SMP was the clear winner. The black and blue were tied, but then we moved over into good lighting and the wave pattern of the blue came alive and I knew it was the one I wanted.

The Planet Oceans were nice, but man are they a lot of watch. The big one is BIG.

Unfortunately, the Speedy didn't speak to me the way I thought it would. I kept holding it and putting it on hoping it would spark, but it didn't. I mean I really wanted to love it. I tried and tried. Maybe I'd be happier with the "sapphire sandwich" (which they didn't have). The salesman that was helping me was even wearing his own Speedy Pro which looked so cool, but on my own wrist it just didn't click.

Anyway, I'm going back again soon to see what else jumps out at me. I'm really hoping me and the Speedy hit it off.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE