The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

October 7 price quote from Authorized Center *LINK*
In Response To: Omega Refurbishing ()

Here's the information I received from my local Authorized Center for a 5-year-old 2531.80 SeMPC.

1. Complete service, as recommended every 4-5 years by Omega (this is in the Instruction Manual, pages 4-5, by the way, in case you don't have yours): $290.00 plus tax.

Service includes changing all seals and lubricants. All mechanisms are completely disassembled (to piece, not subassembly), cleaned thoroughly, then reassembled). Anticipate that the Service Center will keep your watch for 30 days to assure precision accuracy timing, per Omega specifications (-1/+6 seconds per day: Higher standard than COSC).

In addition to what others have mentioned, I was told that complete service includes bezel "function." By that I mean, if the 2531.80 bezel were sticking or rough, that would be addressed, as long as it did not involved part replacement.

2. New bezel price: $165.00 plus tax.

3. New bracelet price: $425.00 plus tax.

4. Price for new deployant clasp only: $90.00 plus tax. Everyone complains about how easily this scratches, and I've found that I get about 3 weeks out of a clasp before I can forget about it being confused w/ "showroom new." Service Center told me that the main reason they replace bracelets is for the clasps, and that the main clasp "failure" is in the "toe" that locks under the little bar on the diver's extension side.

Apparently a lot of money-owners out there don't first engage the toe under the bar before snapping it shut, thus they deform one or both pieces to a point that defies economical repair.

Somebody out there will correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems like I read on another reputable site that you really aren't going to damage your watch by playing out the service interval indefinitely. "Any automatic" can be "brought back" from where-ever (w/in reason and abuse, I guess I'd add).

That said, the key service routine I would NEVER skip out on w/ my SeMPCs is the water integrity test.

Last but not least, congratulations on a great choice in watch purchasing!

Messages In This Thread

Omega Refurbishing
October 7 price quote from Authorized Center *LINK*
Re: Omega Refurbishing
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE