The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Question No.2 for you guys.

Stop scrutinizing the watch
: and wear it like it should be worn...

I agree with you, Tbird, but look at it from my point of view. I have a customer standing in front of me with a watch in their hand. ANYTHING I say to him (or her) may be viewed as 'the sales guy's just giving me a pitch to try and sell the watch'. I have NEVER b*llsh*tted a customer in order to make a sale. But remember, for a lot of people, $2875 (AUD) is a lot of money to spend on a watch, especially these days when people can buy a Swatch for $70 or worse, use their mobile phones to tell the time. So they want to be sure about what they are buying. I have all the faith in the world in Omega watches, since I own 3 of them. But some customers want to be assured of what the watch can and cannot do, while other customers simply put the watch on their wrist and assume that it is bullet proof and never follow the routine maintenance that is required. It is these customers who are surprised when say, 7 or 8 years after purchasing the watch, it begins to lose time or the crystal fogs up because water has gotten into the case. And it is these customers that I want to be as well-informed about their watch as they can possibly be.
I know one guy who is a builder and he wears his Rolex Sub to work every day. The watch looks like a car has run over it, but I give him credit for wearing the watch the way it's meant to be worn-ie; with reckless abandon.

teeritz

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE