The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

NO! *LINK*

As a fellow 2254.50 owner, I'd encourage you to keep it. In my opinion, this is the ideal watch (and what should have been the James Bond Omega watch.

1) Low profile works well w/ the sleeve, unobtrusive for in and out of pockets quickly to grab keys, change.

2) The most readable dial, marker and hands out there -- all light conditions. Clean face, date blends in when you're not looking at it. Nothing extraneous on the dial to keep you from reading the time. Matte wave pattern works better than glossy approached used on 2531.80 "Bond" style, as do the hands (I'm constantly frustrated by the disappearing hands on the 2531.80).

Can you imagine Bond needing to glance at the time for a quick check on how long he has before a bomb goes off? More practically speaking, I need to glance at my watch w/out attracting attention all the time in my client sessions; the 2254.50 is perfect.

3) It's the most versatile in terms of being a piece you can wear from the snow w/ your kids to the most elegant dinner. Black is ultimately formal, and this bezel at once says both sophistication and power.

The moon watch would be out for me because the crystal is too fragile and a clear caseback to get the harder sapphire isn't a way I'd go. Now the Railmaster is of interest to me, but I use the rotating bezel so much on my 2254.50 that I'm afraid I'd miss that. I dunno -- maybe I also have a bezel thing overall, as w/ out the diver's style, most watches (even high-end) tend to look like white bread Timex to me.

Sorry if I've offended anyone w/ that remark.

Rob, my overall thinking at this point in my Omega life is that I can't afford any watch that requires me to give up a watch I love to have it. I wouldn't give up my "Bond" SeMPC (2531.80) for a Planet Ocean (which I currently have my eye on), so I certainly wouldn't sacrifice the 2254.50 that I adore.

Hope this helps....

PS In the interests of being fair and honest w/ you all, this is a rare post I write w/ my 2531.80 on my wrist, as I am about to head out to a Christmas party and, well, the women like the 007 thing!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE