The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

my answer to you steve
In Response To: I trust him. ()

Hi

I think it is a matter of habit. I am not registered on Ebay. Truth to be told I was never interested in. No I am not a watchmaker but like I said before I will value something in very good condition over something average condition. I am very demanding when I buy something and always was.
If you are used to be happy with him then good for you.
I personnally think differently but opinions and habits are very different because everyone is different.
I know that you have thieves that sit in shops and that have even 15 years of experience.I mentionned some of them in my initial post and refered to them as not very good reputed sellers.
To be honest with you, I am more used to buy watches with a warranty that involves the seller in case of problems. Good for you if you have happy customers.
If unrestored means very average or very poor condition, then you lose some money because the cost of the restoration and service will make the cost of the watch much higher than expected. I do agree that an overpolished can ruin the watch, but a watch with a scratched case, scratched glass and very poor lume condition can be also considered as ruined.
I will tell you how I baught my markII and my 125. I baught my markII exotic dial at a vintage watch shop that I know very well, it was in very clean condition but lume was not so great and the case was a little bit scratched however the item was warrantied for 6 months. So I entered the shop and talked with the seller about the price and I showed him the flaws on the watch then we agreed on a price, it was of 636€ that was in 1999. In 2004, I saw in the same shop a speedmaster 125 in very good condition with box and papers so I decided to ask the seller if he could reserve it for me,that was done. The item was in very good condition and had a six months warranty.I had it for 1800€.
The acquistion of my markIV was a different game, I have phoned to many vintage watch retailers in Paris, found then the best one of France, Charly http://www.montresexpert.com. I talked with him and asked him if he had a markIV.He answered me yes and asked him what was the price he said 1200€, I said 1150€ and he agreed on that price. Three months later, I picked up a perfectly N.O.S condition watch my markIV with a year of warranty for a bargain price.
I think everyone is different and has different criteria of buying and selection when they buy something.But I agree that choice and trust are utmost important when you buy something.
My initial post wasn't meant to offend you or anyone else, I was just expressing my honest opinion and feelings about timeman.

best regards

georges

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE