The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: James Bond website speculates: DeVille for 007

Let me start off by saying that I'm not going to go out on a limb and say "it's definitely this" or "it's definitely that" based on a poor quality photo. However, I played around with the photo and blew up the wrist shot a bit using MGI PhotoSuite. I also owned this very same model on a bracelet until a few months ago, so I know what one looks like on the wrist. A few thoughts:

1) Unless those muscular arms of Daniel Craig are deceptively smaller than the photo would indicate, the watch is too big to be the DeVille Power Reserve. That model has a dial diameter of about 36mm and a case diameter of 39mm, which is noticeably smaller than a current Bond SMP. The watch is also very thin compared to the SMP and would not appear nearly as thick as the watch in the photo.

2) In a blowup of the wrist you can see that there is a lot of metal below the dial and that the hands are quite large. Not so with the DeVille.

3) In the blowup it also appears that there is a large second hand (you can make out three hands in the photo). The DeVille Power Reserve has a small subdial for the second hand, so this doesn't correspond to the photo.

I'm a small guy (5'9") with 6 3/4" wrists, and the DeVille looked about average on my wrist. It did not look big and bulky like the watch we are seeing in this photo.

So, I am concluding that, while I don't know what the watch in the photo is, I feel about 99% confident it is NOT the DeVille Power Reserve.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE