The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

What if it's not the 4832.51.31 DeVille? *PIC*

Woke up this morning not so much wondering what it would mean if the new James Bond 007 watch was not the 4832.51.31 after all. It seems to me that there are a limited number of possibilities.

If it isn't-- then Omega SA is making a claim in its advertising that is not true. How many people have already gone to the Omega site, merely interested in a Bond watch, seen this "official" word that a particular DeVille is among them, and, relying upon that, bought the 4832.51.31 watch?

If it isn't-- and Omega posted the watch to its website, what does that say about their commitment to accuracy and detail? Let's face it, the 4832.51.31 is an obviously, blatantly different watch than the 2531.80.00 Seamaster.

I have correspondence from Omega that is almost a month old now, asking, if the DeVille is not a Bond watch, "could you please let me know why the 4832.51.31 is being promoted as a James Bond watch?" So, they have known since at least my January 5, 2006, how this was being viewed, even if it was placed there by them "in error."

Before writing this, I looked back over recent Chronocentric Posts. Some of you write about Frankenwatches; others about blatantly false representations on internet sites. Bezels that are off by a fraction of a click versus corresponding dial markers. The difference between movement numbers ending in one alphabet character versus another. My own reports on tracking the accuracy of my 2254.50 against the atomic clock for 85 days now, to see if its really w/in COSC specifications.

How products are advertised is just as important. We don't accept it when odometers on cars are rolled back so they can be sold as new. When you see a "Got Milk?" ad, there are watchers out there who make sure that whomever the celebrity is in the shot, they actually have a mustache made out of real milk.

The Omega 4832.51.31 DeVille has been clearly, knowingly advertised a Bond watch for almost a month now. If it's not -- a lot of people have some explaining to do.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE