The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Response from MI6 (leading James Bond) Forum *PIC*

Contributor writes that he would be "surprised" if anyone was looking at the Omega SA website, and that, since he had never even heard of a "DeVille" until yesterday, he doubted that anyone else had.

Continuing: "i don't know anyone, personally, who has the money to throw away buying every single watch ever linked with James Bond... in my current financial situation, i cannot justify spending so much for a watch - Bond-related or not - when i can get a perfectly usable watch at Wal Mart for $15.00...."

He continues w/ some insight on resale values and return policies. An errantly purchased Omega from early January, in his mind, could still be returned for full refund, if it were now discovered not to be a Bond watch. Or it could be sold "for the amount they paid for it."

My favorite line, however, is this one: "they [meaning a lot of us here] most likely have the money to go ahead and throw it away" if it turns out not to be the Bond watch.

Okay.

And to think, I was just about to make a Post here stating in even more stronger terms that Omega SA must either credentialize the Seamaster 2535.80.00 GMT by citing the Bond film it's in, or removing it: Let it sink or swim on its own merits, as opposed to association w/ Bond.

Link to complete MI6 Post described above on mi6forums.com

Link to my Omega Seamaster 2531.80 review: Bond's second Omega
Link to my Omega Seamaster 2541.80 review: Actually-- Bond's first Omega

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE