The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Here is my thoughts on this
In Response To: Here is my thoughts on this ()

: I think this is missing a bit of historical
: perspective, and maybe is stressed a bit
: because you want to know the new Bond watch.
: I wan't to know tooooooooo

: But the De Ville power reserve has been a
: "Bond watch" for a long time I
: think. Not in the movies, but as the choice
: of an ambassador - Pierce Brosnan. You can
: see him in the good old catalouge as well.
: If I don't remember too wrong, the three
: watches named as Watch Selections James Bond
: on the web today, was called the choice of
: Pierce Brosnan on the old Omega Web, when he
: actually was an ambassador

: Things like that might happen when an
: ambassador has to be replaced

I can undersand that. I think that the confusion comes from the fact that Brosnan has been seen sporting so MANY different Omega models in magazines, etc., that it's hard to keep track. I have never actually seen Brosnan in any ads wearing the Bond GMT or the DeVille, but I have seen him wearing the Railmaster, a gold Aqua Terra, the 2254.50 Seamaster, and, of course, the Bond SMP (all in magazine ads, by the way). So, maybe he was asked to select these three models as his personal choices for his "top 3 favorite models", or maybe Omega chose them for him to try to generate sales. At this point I'm not sure of anything. I'm just eagerly waiting to see what the next Bond watch will be just like everyone else!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE