The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

OT : An E-mail offer for the Forum

Hi Guys,

I was recently reading some posts on another forum, where a couple fo guys wrote comments along the lines of...

"I would never post on a forum where my E-mail address is made public"

You could argue that Zowie belongs to this type of forum. IF you choose to post your E-mail address, people ( & more importantly SPAM robots/spiders ) can see it. They can then add this to circulation lists & then at some stage the spam starts to arrive.

Obviously posting WITHOUT your E-mail address is an option.

But, there are a number of "acceptable work arounds" to this problem.

1, Modify your E-mail address so instead of having

Steve_Waddington@yahoo.com,
have
Steve_Waddington at yahoo dot com
or
Steve_Waddington@NO-SPAMyahoo.com

This solution is great for Spam robots/spiders, since the E-mail addresses they collect are effectively useless.

2, Another alternative is to get an E-mail address that is "only" for forum/watch use. There are PLENTY of firms out there that offer free E-mail addresses. some are good & some are bad ( or not so good ).

If you look above I have a Yahoo Account. I have this for a number of reasons. It is free, I can access it anywhere in the world, the Spam filter is pretty good & I find the virus checker amazing. Since I have had the account, not a single virus infected E-mail has arrived ( or been openable ) via my Yahoo account.

Currently I get a "few" spam e-mails a day. I check the titles & 99.99% of them don't even get opened. They arrive in my spam folder & get deleted from there.

So, a Yahoo account is an option. Anyone can register a Yahoo account.

Another option is a Gmail account ( from Google ). This is similar to any other free E-mail accounts, it has the spam guard & built-in virus checker. Except with GMAIL, you have a MASSIVE amount of space, ( 2.5 GB ), you can index & scan your E-mails... so with all that space, you should never need to delete an E-mail again.

The thing with Gmail is that you cannot simply register for an account, someone has to INVITE you.

I have 100 invitations available. If you want free Gmail account, please either post your E-mail address in this thread or E-mail me at SteveW62@gmail.com

It's that simple. Drop me a line, If you're interested.

Steve

Messages In This Thread

OT : An E-mail offer for the Forum
Steve.....
Will do..
That Is An Amazing Likeness...
Thanks Steve!!!!
No Can Do, Joey...
LOL!!!!! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE