The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: overhaul time and cost
In Response To: Re: overhaul time and cost ()

: Thank you for the info!

: So would you suggest I send it to the Secaucus,
: NJ service center directly or will the local
: service at Walter Gooden in LA be just the
: same?

: 6-8 weeks is a long time to be without my
: Omega. I'll feel naked.

Based on what I've read on other Omega forums, many of the regional service centers aren't quite up to par, so Omega is trying to build up the reputation of the Secaucus, NJ US Headquarters by trying to get more people to send their watches there.

Your particular service center may be fine, but if they give you a quote that seems too high, then they may be playing games with you. On the other hand, if they have a decent reputation and aren't very busy right now, you may get your watch back a lot sooner.

I'd check into your local service center to see if anyone can provide you with any feedback. If they seem to be giving you a fair estimate and can get your watch back quickly, then I don't see a problem. You do get a 2-year warranty on any work they perform, so if you have a problem you can take the watch back to them or send it to NJ.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE