The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: why WOULD Daniel Craig like guns ???......

: ....it is not a sign of weakness, and he should
: not be derided for it ,more a sign of the
: society we were brought up in, here in the
: UK where gun ownership is just not common.

: he is from the same northern area of England
: where i was born, i have led far from a
: sheltered life in my 30 years on this
: planet, and yet the only times i have seen a
: gun is at UK and US airports -carried by
: armed police.
: the only other people in the UK who carry guns
: on their person are villains , and to
: encounter a firearm on anyone other than a
: police officer in the UK would be a very bad
: thing !! , with this in mind, and bearing in
: mind the damage what can be done by these
: weapons, is it any wonder that for the vast
: majority of law abiding people in the UK, we
: see firearms in normal society as a negative
: thing and quite a scary prospect ?

: no wonder all past Bonds havent liked guns-
: they just arent part of our society
: (although with the rising levels of gun
: crime in this country, this may not be the
: case for much longer) . . .

Again, this is a watch forum, not a gun control debate forum, but I feel I need to add something. You made a point that gun violence in your country is on the rise DESPITE the fact that the law abiding citizen's rights to own guns have been slowly taken away. Less armed law abiding citizens = higher rates of gun crime.

Take Switzerland as another example. Omegas are made there. Every adult Swiss male is a trained marksman and is considered part of the Swiss military. Every adult Swiss male keeps a firearm in his home to protect his family and serve in the military if needed. Gun crime in Switzerland is virtualy non-existent. More armed law abididing citizens = virtually no gun crime.

Do you see the pattern? In fact, during the time when Hitler was conquering Europe, the Swiss were asked what they would have done had he tried to invade Switzerland. The reply - "We would have all taken one shot and gone home."

I don't think Daniel Craig is weak or a sissy because he doens't like guns. He is entitled to his opinion. I just find it bothersome when actors seem ever so eager to compromise their "values" for the almighty dollar (or pound in Mr. Craig's case).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE