The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Not At All...
In Response To: Not At All... ()

: No, I was never told what the EXACT problem
: was, and I'm not sure Omega ever thoroughly
: investigated it. I suspect they simply took
: the watch apart, replaced any worn or
: damaged parts, replaced the lubricants, and
: then sealed it back up. I never received any
: explanation of any kind on the cause of the
: problem. The DeVille has since been sold,
: but the Seamaster is still at Omega USA
: being repaired.

: As for your watch, was it consistent at -6
: sec/day from Day One? If so, it could have
: been sent back for a regulation under
: warranty since it is technically out of COSC
: spec. Heck, my local Omega AD watchmaker
: will regualte an SMP for $25. He took my
: Bond from +4.5 sec/day down to +1.5 sec/day.
: At -6 sec/day I'd definitely get it
: regulated. Just my 2 cents...

I also find it strange that a new watch would need a full overhaul in such a short period of ownership. My watch, with regulation at night, averages less than + 1 second per day. I am very pleased with its accuracy. The only problem has been what I described above. Now, it is running just fine and I'm wondering whether it is a quirk or something. It has never stopped running when fully wound or worn continuously. Just those two widely separated instances My AD in Northern VA (BBB) wanted to send it to an independent repair shop in Rhode Island to get it checked out. I love the clam chowder and crazy local politics there, but it's no place for my SMP.

I read an earlier post about the West Coast Omega Service Center. Would this be comparable to sending it to HQ? If so, it most likely take less time to repair.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE