The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

DeVille St. Moritz *LINK*

Hi all,

This is my 2nd ever post. My first posting was to recognize mr Keith Downings most beautiful timepiece as he's shown in the link below:
http://chronocentric.com/forums/omega/index.cgi?read=34337

I absolutely love that watch! Can anyone explain why his indicates 'St. Moritz' because all the ones I've seen don't have that - I guess it was a special edition? I've priced the watch for myself but its a bit too rich for my blood for another year or so.

I was thinking of getting myself a Planet Ocean or Submariner with a black dial as a second watch in the coming months, but since I saw this particular model, I think I'll save a bit more and get that one instead.

I currently have an AT 2503.50.00 which was delivered to my AD as per my order in Sept/05 and it is stamped 2500C (2500C for those of you who may be curious). I love the watch - especially the way it shines in natural daylight (it's a very different watch outdoors). I really like the fact that most people take a second glance at it on my wrist but don't know enough to ask about it. If it were a Rolex, obviously they'd want to talk about it and I don't prefer that (that's one of the reasons why I DON'T want a Submariner).

I also love the fact that I can wear it anytime, anywhere. To business meetings wearing a suit and tie...and with jeans and a t-shirt. I always wear it. I believe it represents my character and personality very well.

I'm a new enthusiast - my cousin in England (I'm in Toronto, Canada) introduced me to Omega and he's got me hooked I guess....it's all good though. Also, I appreciate all the knowledge you all share on this forum especially the regulars. Thank you all.

So again, what's the deal with the 'St. Moritz' on this absolutely stunning watch?

Oh yeah, my watch gains about 1 sec per day at this point - obviously nothing to worry about? I bought it from a local AD who is also an enthusiast.

Thank you all again.

Rogerman1

Messages In This Thread

DeVille St. Moritz *LINK*
It's a "Special Edition"
Re: It's a "Special Edition"
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE