The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Boston or US AD Referral Request/Recommendatio

: Hi, I am shopping for my first Omega and had a
: couple of questions regaring the Speedmaster
: Auto Chrono model 3523.30.00.

: 1. I do fishing in the summertime but from the
: shore. I may need to dunk my hand in the
: ocean to grab fish every other weekend. How
: will this watch handle that? It is rated 30m
: but it seems that everyone recommemonds that
: 30m is more of "don't get it wet too
: often watch!". Any opinions?

This is a difficult question, since no one seems to have a definitive answer. I've heard accounts of people wearing this watch swimming with no problems, while others have had water seep into the watch doing the same thing. My advice - better safe than sorry. This is NOT a diver's watch and it does NOT have a screw-down crown. As such, I would NEVER expose this watch to water. I consider the 30M rating to really mean that getting caught in the rain won't hurt it, but it isn't meant to go swimming with. After all, that screw down crown on the Seamasters and the 300M depth rating are there for a reason. So, if you want something you can totally immerse in water, I'd look at another watch.

: 2. Is anyone able to send some referrals for
: any AD's with some big discounts in the
: local Boston, MA area or ones that are
: willing to ship?

Check your e-mail for my referral.

: I am seeing this watch from places like
: Jomashop for under $1500! I know its not an
: AD so anyone able to refer an AD that can
: get at least within a few hundred dollars of
: that price?

MSRP is $2650 on that watch, so $1500 is VERY CHEAP. I, personally, avoid the gray market because I want to Omega factory warranty, but if you can save a lot of money the decision is ultimately yours.

Messages In This Thread

Boston or US AD Referral Request/Recommendation
Re: Boston or US AD Referral Request/Recommendatio
check again for dealer option *NM*
Check EM for AD referral *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE