The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Minus 15 sec/day? *LINK*
In Response To: Minus 15 sec/day? ()

: For a little over the past four years I've
: owned a 300M Pro(Cal.1120) and it's
: consistently been minus 3 sec/day. Then just
: last week, it's started running -15 sec/day
: and I've done nothing different. Wore it all
: day and into the watch winder at night.
: Wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion or
: would you recommend having it serviced now
: and if so, to bring it someone locally in
: the Atlanta area or have it sent back to
: Omega. If back directly to Omega, what's the
: procedure/address/contact and cost involved?
: Thanks in advance!

At just over 4 years old your watch could be ready for a routine servicing, but before you send it in I'd make sure your watch hasn't become magnetized. To do this, just hold a compass needle as close to the caseback as possible. If you notice the needle moving (it will move along with the vibrations of the rotor if it is magnetized), this is a simple fix that any local watchmaker can handle without even taking the watch apart. If the watch is NOT magnetized, the needle will point to magnetic North when held over the caseback.

If you need to send it in for a servicing, you can send it to any authorized Omega service center. When you send it back, you'll need to ship it in a box that you don't want back, so DO NOT send any of the original boxes, cards, etc. with the watch, since it will be returned in a red padded Omega zippered case.

If you send the watch to Omega USA's New Jersey service center, it will cost about $300 for a complete servicing. If you send it back to Bienne, Switzerland, the cost is in the $220 range based on the currency exchange rate. You can get the addresses for shipment on Omega's website at the link below.

It's up to you whether you want to have your watch serviced in the US or back in Switzerland. Most people agree that Bienne, Switzerland is the best place to send watches for repair, since Omega's best technicians and watchmakers are located there. Good luck.

Messages In This Thread

Minus 15 sec/day?
Re: Minus 15 sec/day? *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE