The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

AD Referral: Chicago?

Hello everyone -- longtime lurker and first time poster. Love the great info you all provide. Two questions:

1. I'm finally ready to take the plunge and am getting the Bond Seamaster Quartz. I definately want to go the AD route, but I am wondering if anyone knows of an AD (either here in Chicago or elsewhere in the U.S.) that can beat the Big Prices quoted on Omegas here in some of the larger Michigan Ave. ADs. It seems nobody will come down from the MSRP.

2. Assuming there is nobody in the city and I purchase from an AD out of state, does anybody know how difficult it will be to resize the Bond bracelet here locally? In other words, any experience with local ADs hassling you on maintainance or resizing if you purchased from an otherwise valid out of state AD? Can a local non-AD watch shop do a resizing, or must I go to an AD (such as Tourneau, etc.). For some reason I envision a snooty clerk telling me they'll have to charge me $100 or something. Am I too cynical?

Thanks for any perspective or referrals. Keep up the great forums! Best regards, S.B. - Chicago, IL

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE