The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: What Will Be Your Next Omega?
In Response To: What Will Be Your Next Omega? ()

I remember about three years ago when I was thinking of saving for a vintage Rolex DatJust (something around the mid '70s)...and then I saw a picture of the AquaTerra range. That did it. I spoke to the Omega sales rep (I work in a watch store)who told methat it would be available in three different sizes and that it would house the Co-Axial movement. Well, it has taken me a year to pay this watch off on lay-by (that's lay-away to our American friends) and I'm about $250 away from owning this beauty. I decided on the 36.2mm black-dialled model for two reasons- 1) most of my watches are around the 40mm size and for a dressier-style watch, I wanted something a little more along the lines of Omega's watches from the '50s and '60s and (2) the black dial model has the shiniest inky/crude oil black dial that I have ever seen and I look at a lot of watches on a daily basis.
Lately, I have had a real hankering for a '60s Seamaster 300 dive watch, as well as the current black dialled Seamaster Pro but I already have the Bond SMP and a black PO 42mm. So my "dilemma" (if you could call it that) is: Do I really want to own four dive watches, three of which that bear a striking resemblance to each other? That would also make me the owner of 4 Omega dive watches! Granted, there are worse things one could be. Fortunately, there are enough of you guys out there who own multiple versions of one particular range, such as Speedmasters from various eras and Constellations and Seamasters from the 1950-1965 golden age of watchmaking so I don't tend to feel as though there's something wrong with me...unless there's something wrong with all of us.
I did score a NOS Seamaster 300 dial not long ago, so chances are I may end up hunting an old SM 300 that needs a service and facelift.
Of course, all this is dependant on finances permitting.
Great question, John. I could go on.

teeritz

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE