The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Flaw in radial graining effect?

If they want to, they can claim that you "Photoshopped" your pictures. There's always a way not to be accommodating towards the customer.
The truth is, if you buy a product today, and if you have a problem with it, you are at the complete mercy of the shop who sells the product or the factory that manufactures it.
The only time the shop or factory will try to be accommodating is if they have somethng to lose, for example, money, a good image, or both.
When I experience that a shop or factory openly accuses me of lying, although it's obvious that I couldn't have caused the problem, I get so annoyed that I never buy a product from that shop or factory again in my life.
Fortunately, I never experienced any problems with my relatively new Seamaster AT (yet)!
Reading all of your comments, I'm already dreading the day when I will have to send my watch to repair or to have it overhauled. Frankly, it also makes me think if my decision to buy an Omega was a right one or not.

Common man

: Sorry about all that's happened -- looks like
: you've been very reasonable and logical in
: your responses for sure. One thing i can say
: for certain: If ever i need to send my AT
: Railmaster 2503.52 anywhere for service, i
: will take detailed pictures to document the
: watch's condition prior to service. This way
: you start a trail of bullet proof
: documentation -- If there's a scratch, ding,
: mis-assembly, or foreign matter on the face
: appears following service, bingo, it's been
: documented. This evidence will clearly
: support what's been visibly changed on the
: watch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE