The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Strange story?
In Response To: Re: Strange story? ()

Hi Lorenzo, Steve, and all,

Yes, it does seem to be a strange story, but due in part to my being too patient and not diligent enough about finalizing the settlement.

We went to the shop as soon as the jeweler told us that the watch had been stolen. They had contacted the police and also their insurance company to make arrangements for compensation. They offered me a replacement watch from their store, which I turned down.

I told the jeweler, and now regret, that I would like them to replace the watch with a Seamaster of the same vintage. The jeweler said she would look for one on ebay to replace mine.

I have called twice in the interim and have been told they hadn't found one yet.

Now, I am prepared to go to the jewelers and just get a cash settlement and go buy a replacement myself, which is what I should have done in the beginning.

So, you see, I have not been diligent about this. I have all sorts of boring excuses, but I just haven't been diligent.

Now that I am prepared to address the problem, I want to know as much as I can about the value of my watch so that I am sure I am compensated fairly.

Would you think they should compensate me for the value of the 1960s Seamaster or the value of a new Seamaster?

Thanks so much for your comments. I truly appreciate your help.

Sally

: Yes. The more I think about your story Sally,
: the more strange it begins to seem.

: What you have told us so far is that your
: jeweller lost your watch in some way and has
: been delaying addressing the problem for
: five months. Are you confident there is not
: more to this than first appears?

: Was your watch stolen as part of a break-in to
: the shop, or was it just yours? Jewellers
: shops round here tend to be very secure
: indeed, so thefts are pretty unusual.

: If there really is an insurer involved, why has
: the jeweller delayed for five months while
: he tries to find a substitute? Was that at
: your request, or his choice?

: I may be slightly over suspicious, but from the
: little info you have given the story does
: not seem to add up particularly well!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE