The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Kobold vs. Omega?
In Response To: Kobold vs. Omega? ()

Sure Kobold is cheaper, and they use the same movement, but the way the movement in finished has much to do with the quality of the final product. But if we consider all things being equal, except for the lower price of the Kobold, remember, the Seamaster Chronograph is the only chrono in the world which has pushers that can be used underwater. Based on that, I would go with the Seamaster now, and perhaps add a Kobold to the collection later.

: I am considering bying a Seamaster or a Kobold
: Endurance B. Except for the name and
: history, Kobold seems quite similar, as far
: as the products are concerned, aren't they?
: Michael Kobold, the 20-something-year-old
: founder of the company, emailed me that he
: uses the same Valjoux movements as Omega and
: that the cases are made by the same
: manufacturer that makes Omega cases.
: However, the difference, in my opinion, is
: price. And this is something I worry about.
: I don't want to spend and extra $1,000+ and
: end up with a watch that everyone knows when
: I could have gotten an inexpensive
: "insider tip". Please tell me what
: I should do. I thought about the re-sale
: price as well but hey, most watches are
: worth only 70% of their retail anyway and so
: re-sale isn't going to affect my decision
: either.

: Please help, I'd appreciate some thoughts on
: this. (BTW, I already own a Kobold, so
: security of the transaction is not a
: problem).

: Andy

Messages In This Thread

Kobold vs. Omega?
If the anti-glare treatment..>>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE