The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Melt ... this is my flightmaster offering *PICS*

Thanks for posting that John.

I've said it before & will say it again. The Flightmaster is my favourite Omega. I originally bought a 910 of eBay, LONG before I had heard of that Maddox chappy. After discovering his website & discovering that there are 2 distinct flightmaster models I realized that I would prefer a 911...

So I eventually bought a 911. ( my wife says Thanks Chuck :-( )

For those of you not use what the difference between a 910 & 911 is look at the following picture.

Basically the 911 has a taller case with a flat crystal. The overll height of both watches is the same. The 911 also has no green on the dial & a constant second hand instead of a 24 hr indicator in the 09:00 subdial.

Here are my watches (click on the pics for larger versions ) ..

On my journey for an owners manual for my watches, I happened apon various versions in various languages.

If you look closely you'll see that they are all for the 910 version , except the bottom left leaflet that is in spanish & for a 911 model.

So I'm still looking for an English 911 manual & of course the original box.....

So do I have all the flightmaster that I "need".... well NO. I won't even start of the Gold version. But I have a 145.015 (910) & a 145.026 ( 911 ) But I suppose I'd like a 145.036 ( which is externally identical to the 145.026 ) to complete the collection.

I'm not bothered about the yellow hands, I prefer the red version.

But what I did notice in the original picture posted by JohnK ( shown below ) Is that the 910 model in the top right corner doesn't have the luminous dots either side of the 12 O'clock markers .... That must be a very early watch. ( It also has the original bracelet on it ). So If I'm going to get completely "nuts" on the subject I suppose I need to find an early 910 too now .... ( just for 2 dots ! ... I think I'll skip that one )

Any other flightmaster fans out there ?

S.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE