The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

You wanted bumpers?
In Response To: My Bumper arrived ()

: C'mon guys show me some bumpers !!

: S.

I like your taste in bumpers

I also have a 1952 Seamaster Calendar

Which has this inside -- a bit rough, but functional calibre 353, one of the series of 28.10 mm calibres

My first ever vintage purchase, a 1947

With a 28.10 RA with the exposed springs

I also have a trio of bumper chronometers, two 1948 Centenaries and a 1949 Chronometer . . .

The Centenary has a 30.10 RA; the Chronometer is just after calibre numbers began, and has the smaller 28.10 RA with a fine index regulator calibre 343.

Omega's bumpers were either 28.10 mm (340 subsecond and 350 center seconds) or 30.10 mm (330 subseconds)

This is the 30.10 RA in the Centenaries

And this is the 343 with the "rg" index regulatory

My early collecting days included poor redials, including this 1951 . . . .

This is in it. . . calibre 351 with the bumper springs covered

And another poor redial in this 1954

This calibre 344 is inside with the swans neck regulator

Some refinishes are better than others, the Seamaster Deluxe, sometimes called the Seamaster Ultima in the US

Which has a calibre 352 with fine index regulation . . . .

And this 1956 Connie

And the calibre 354 inside with swan's neck regulation

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE