The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Could you elaborate a little more on the facts?

MORE FACTS ABOUT THE SAEMASTER

Hi, Iam enclosing an email I've sent to the boutique just moments ago,
Actually I had purchased the said watch to wear it on my holiday, just days before my trip to New Zealand. I left the watch at the boutique thinking that They probably would have a replacement ready when I return after two weeks. But even after two weeks the said watch was kept in 'as is' condition. When I got furious they told me it was actually a very minor issue with the crown stems allignment and I reluctantly let them open the said watch. After that there was no news for the better part of the week. Then I heard from them that the watch was ready. I personally went to the boutique to pick up the watch and when I enquired what had really happened the store incharge told me that they had to replace the entire crown stem and other parts, its then I could understand the watch had manufacturing defects.

Dear Mr. Sunil Mathews, Ethos boutique, Bangalore,

I am fed up of waiting for a reply from Omega regarding resolving the issue surrounding the defective Omega Seamaster
(Ref No. 21230416101001) (Watch No. 90630423) sold to me by your boutique. I've been fair enough to have given you ample time and all possible opportunities to correct yourself for selling me a defective Omega Seamaster 300M. In spite of numerous mail's and requests to Omega and Ethos Boutique I've found the said issue heading nowhere and it has tested my patience to the limit and hence this extreme step.

Let me refresh you memory by pointing out what went on between the boutique and myself once again. I had purchased an Omega Seamaster from you in the first week of march 2009 and barely half an hour after taking delivery of the said watch I found it to be Malfunctioning. After adjusting the time on the said watch when I screwed back the crown I was literally horrified to find the hour hand rotating along with the screw-in crowns rotation. I hadn't noticed the malfunction when I took delivery of the watch as the sales guy handled it himself and packed it without explaining or showing me the watch. And I had informed about the malfunctioning watch immediately to the sales guy who had attended to me earlier by calling him up on his mobile phone.

After accepting the faulty watch in the boutique's working hours the next day Instead of issuing a new piece the boutique and Omega have been testing my patience to its limit, its close to two months now from the original date of purchase and nothing seems to be moving forward. And as a mark of protest I've left the said defective watch at the boutique itself.

I will not accept the malfunctioning watch as I have paid the rather expensive amount for a brand new perfectly working watch, I did not buy the watch to leave it at the service center and nor do I want to own a defective piece of s***.

So in accordance to the above, where its very much clear the substandard watch you sold to me and amounting to failure to deliver a proper working watch after receiving full payment, I've here now decided to file a complaint against Omega and against Ethos Boutique in the Court of law, the consumer court. And Iam contemplating the feasibility of lodging a complaint in the International consumer rights council against Omega-S.A.

I've already forwarded the said file to my legal advisors and advocates, and to move on further I would like to request you to give me the following details;
- Names and addresses of Omega top brass India,
- Names and addresses of Omega top brass International,
- Name and address of Omega marketing India,
- Name and address of Omega marketing International,
- Name and address of Omega Service Head India,
- Name and address of Omega Service Head International,
- And finally name of in charge and postal address of Ethos Boutique.

Since I've already forwarded your name and mobile number to my legal advisor you'll be hearing from him shortly.

Since Iam a very busy businessman. It has really been a pain in the neck taking out all the time, energy and effort I've wasted on you and the time , energy and effort I've wasted to speak to and mail to you and the useless people in Omega. I wouldn't want it all to go down as fruitless. So, Furthermore I've asked my people to prepare a rather stinking report on the above said issue and get in contact with top dailies in india and top dailies internationally.

Very kind regards,

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE