The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Could you elaborate a little more on the facts?

Give them some of their own treatment I will. And treatment Omega wont be forgetting in a hurry.
Someone just mentioned its the bad publicity thats what more damaging.
The only thing that pissed me off was the sarcastic attitude of Omega towards its customers,
They make you feel so ignored you automatically get infuriated. And they also keep you waiting,
and try to make you feel unimportant. If I had the slightest idea Omega customer service would
be so sarcastic and so irresponsible, I would've told them to stick the bloody watch up
their stinking ass and donate my money as charity to Omega.
I think I've been really soft with them guys and with Omega. Just for the record, Omega took a
sweet weeks time to respond to the first mail I had sent to them about the defective watch.

Look, its not the first time I've bought a top end watch model. This seamaster is actually
my first Omega and the least costly model in my collection of 24. Every time I've bought a
top of the line watch model, be it a IWC or a Breguet or a Rolex or a Tag Heuer, I've had full faith
in the store and its employees. Maybe thats my weak point, to have blind trust in the "STORE"
and to have blind trust in the "BRAND".
And this sure is a kick ass wake up call to me and to all those who want to buy an Omega....
I would rather prefer a Rolex (already own three) any given day, the best customer service
I've ever experianced amongst all the brands I've purchased.

And the reason the watch was sent back a day after it was purchased was; I picked it up late night while
returning from office, I reached home saw the malfunction and I immediately called the store and
wanted to return the watch then and there. But the store was closed for the day and the sales guy
sweet talked me into bringing it next day....
also told me the particular watch model was out of stock hence no replacement, and still theres no stock
of the said model, till date.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE