The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Collections and collecting
In Response To: Collections and collecting ()

: I would be interested in hearing what criteria or philosophies
: people have followed in putting together their watch
: collections. (I am new to this addiction and own a Ball
: Trainmaster Cleveland Express and an Omega Seamaster Planet
: Ocean 42 mm.)

Started with dive watches because its what appealed to me. Picked up 3, an Omega PO, an Omega 2054 and a Seiko Orange Monster. Then I "had" to have a speedy, so it was added. Now Im on vintage Omega's and may be here for a while. So, Ive been all over the board on my interests but have started to "settle" on vintage Omega's, and it looks like I have settled on one brand in particular, Omega. Specifically because they have made something for everyone and have produced millions of watches, so service is not usually a problem except for some of the tuning fork and quartz movements of the 70s/80s. I have weeded those out already, so Im stuck on Omega mechanical vintage watches for now. I only have mild interest in some other brands, such as Lemania branded vintage watches, or Seiko vintage, but not much else.

Really, its whatever you like. Some collect only chronographs. Some only one brand. Some have no rhyme or reason whatsoever they just like watches. And some collect only what their wives will let them. I do however think that a "watch" collector should at the very least have an appreciation for all watch brands, whether they interest you or not. Best of luck.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE