The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Thanks, Jeff
In Response To: Great Editorial, Sam ()

Your thoughts on this broad topic are interesting.

Are folks less likely to ask questions than they used to be? Perhaps true "in the middle", if I may say and define what I mean.

Basic questions from the truly uninformed are not much helped by Google -- they don't know what to ask -- that's one "end" and those questions continue.

Very detailed questions only appropriate for experts make their way to the forums today, perhaps more easily due to Google -- that's the other "end".

What I think has declined may be the questions that a reasonably to marginally knowledgeable person would ask on the forums in the past that they now can find by Googling past posts on the forum or elsewhere on the web. If I need to know how to set the X-33, Google can point me where to go, for instance.

Sam

: Interesting points, Sam . . . as always.

: No doubt, there are fewer "Look what I bought" posts . .
: . also less of the sentiment that you can buy anything, and if
: you don't like it, sell a few months later for some small
: profit. Everything seems slower to move more slowly now; more
: caution in buying; etc.

: I also wonder whether -- after 10 years of such widespread internet
: use, with a vast expansion of available information and the
: power of Google -- there are fewer questions to ask and answer
: about watches, so fewer posts on these forums from people
: seeking information. So if we have fewer "look what I
: bought" messages, and fewer "seeking information"
: messages, then the volume will decline.

: I enjoy these forums when they are busy; I also like the quiet
: times to catch my breath and write in other formats, take
: photos, do research, etc. . . . it's nice not to be concerned
: about hits, visits, advertisers, links, etc. Yes, it's fun to
: have more participants and more good discussions, but it's also
: nice to have some quiet time.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE